Caminata di Bramaiano
An oral tradition claims that the foundation of the castle goes back to the 10th century. The first documents record the existence of a fortification in the 15th century, when it was an important part of the defensive network created by the Nicelli, along with numrous other castles and towers. Later alterations have softened the aspect of the castle, giving it a particular appearance. This important building is protected on three sides by massive scarped walls, while robust square watch-towers stand at the corners, only a little higher than the walls. The square keep sticks out above, with the lord's house alongside. The elegant loggias, with their round arches on granite columns, that run along the top of the south walls and the keep date from the alterations effected in the 16th century. Large rooms inside preserve their coffered ceilings. The great hall has a fine stone fireplace with the arms of the Nicelli and the date 1615.