Castle of Altoè
There are no documents referring to the foundation of the building. The first certain mention is from 1385, when it belonged to the Salimbene. In 1440 Filippo Maria Visconti granted it to Niccolò Piccinino and then to his sons.
It then returned to the Salimbene, only to be alienated to the Tedeschi. In 1650 Ferrante Anguissola was created Count of Altoè. From that time the castle has remained in the hands of the Anguissola.
The present appearance of the castle is due to the restorations carried out by the architect Angelo Colla at the end of the 19th century. It is built in stone and brick on a rectangular plan, and the tower has Ghibelline crenellation.