Castle of Pradovera
The history of the fortress is linked to that of the principal families of the area
The Rocca of Pradovera was erected by the Commune of Piacenza in the 12th century as a defence against the expansionist designs of the Nicelli and the other families that dominated the upper valleys.
In the 14th century it was the scene of clashes between Guelph and Ghibelline factions loyal to the Pallavicino.
It passed through various hands and then in 1438 the Duke Filippo Maria Visconti created Bartolomeo Anguissola the first Count of Pradovera.
In 1519 Pier Maria Scotti, known as Buso, whose troops raided throughout the area, established himself in the Rocca. As a result the castle was besieged and destroyed by the French, who governed Piacenza at that time. Although later rebuilt, the imposing castle fell into ruin in the 19th century.