Castle of Ronco
The castle, built in the 11th century, was the centre of bitter struggles. In 1098, for example, it was besieged by the Ghibelline nobles after their victory at Corneliano.
At the beginning of the 16th century it belonged to the noble family of the Arcelli, who undertook its reconstruction. From the Arcelli in 1545 it passed to the Boccabarile and then to the Asinelli, who kept it until 1963.
The building is in excellent condition and preserves its mediaeval appearance, with watchtowers and a keep over the entrance where there are traces of the drawbridge still to be seen.
It is, however, easy to see that it has been much altered, especially during the Renaissance.