Tower house at Badagnano near Carpaneto
Minor fortification in a strategic position
The fortification (to which very few documents refer) was probably built in 1383.
It belonged to the Dal Pozzo and to the Landi, then passed to the noble family of the Forvici. We know that between the 16th and 17th centuries it belonged to the Rossi (who also owned part of the castle of Zena).
In 1725 it was sold to Francesco dei Tedaldi di Tavasca, whose descendants held it until the early 19th century.
Given its position and what remains of the original structure, the castle of Badagnano must have been a large and massive construction.
Considerably altered over the centuries, today it is a rural dwelling, built of stones, with a lower residential part and a robust tower, reduced in height by ten metres at the beginning of the last century.