Cogno San Savino stands on a rocky outcrop surrounded by forests, in a panoramic position. In 999 it was known as Corte and there was an old monastery here belonging to the abbey of San Colombano in Bobbio. Very little remains of the castle of the Nicelli, fought over by the Bishops of Bobbio and Piacenza and then by the Pallavicino; already in the 18th century it was in ruins, though it dominated the Rossana valley. It stood in the place still known today as Rocca del Castello. The parish church in part goes back to the 13th century, but the façade was added in 1904. The bell tower is a thousand years old: with a square base, it is 18 m high and was built partly with stones from Roman buildings. From the churchyard there is a stupendous view over the valley.