Site Logo
martedì 19 novembre 2019
Search Engine

Montereggio

 

Discoveries of coins and pottery fragments from Roman times confirm the ancient origins of Montereggio. The name comes from a royal grant made by the Lombard kings to the Abbey of San Colombano in Bobbio, which founded a hospice here to provide assistance to pilgrims. The period of greatest development was in the 18th century, and many buildings date back to this time. A group of houses in the district has the significant name of Romei - the pilgrims going to Rome. Other old buildings are the isolated mediaeval Manfredello Tower and the Romanesque church of Sant`Anna in the area known as Castello, going back to about the year 1000. This is an excellent starting point for excursions, some only for expert climbers, to the Roccia Cinquedita and the Pianazze area.

  • Saturday 2 September 2017
    Start of the nocturnal hike at 8 p.m. from the restaurant Da Pianassa
  • Sunday 23 July 2017
    The first exhibitors are expected to arrive from 7 a.m., with exhibitions of how to work wood. Food stands, and dancing in the afternoon.
  • Saturday 17 December 2016
    At 7.00 pm the church of Sant'Andrea will host the Christmas Concert, a rich repertoire of seasonal music by the New Sisters Gospel Choir. A chance to exchange Christmas greetings is also an occasion to raise funds for the restoration of the church
  • Castello di Farini
    The ancient church of SS. Gervaso e Protaso was an outpost of the monks of San Colombano on the Via degli Abati.
  • Mountain restaurant
    Villa in the mountains with large rooms and good food. Località Pianazze di Farini
  • The Roccia Cinque Dita - Five-Finger Rock - is an ophiolitic mass sticking up between the valleys of the Ceno and the Nure in the municipality of Farini. The goal of mountaineers, it is reached from the Pass of the Pianazze.
  • Monte Lama, 1346 metres high, with its interesting geology and vegetation, can be reached on foot from the Pass of the Pianazze.
  • Watchtower in the area of Farini
    An isolated watch tower in the woods of Mount Burrasca near the hamlet of Cà dell'Oste.
  • Sunday 10 May 2015
    Non-competitive hiking and running event organised by Villa Regina Mundi
    • tel + 39 0523 919119
Privacy Policy
Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy.
Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all’uso dei cookie.
Maggiori informazioniOK
- A +
© Tutti i diritti sono riservati
IAT Grazzano Visconti Val Nure e Val Chero - telefono: +39.0523.870997 - fax: +39.0523.870997 email: iat@valnure.info
powered by Infonet Srl Piacenza