San Giovanni Battista at Groppovisdomo
Parish church of Groppovisdomo
The present parish church dedicated to St John the Baptist goes back to the 18th century, though the baroque façade is the work of the Piacenza architect Paolo Costermanelli in 1929. The rest of the building maintains its original appearance.
Inside are some fine works of art: the Beheading of St John the Baptist, a 17th-century painting by Francesco Morosini; the Resurrection, sculpted by Paolo Perotti for the high altar; and floral frescoes by Alberto Aspetti in the first chapel on the right.
A massive 18th-century campanile stands beside the church.