Church of Revigozzo
Church of San Michele at Revigozzo
The Pieve or district church of San Michele is traditionally considered the oldest church in the area. Various churches were subject to it, including San Bernardino in Bettola, Groppoducale, Rigolo, Cogno San Bassano and Leggio.
The present building was erected last century. A stone inside the church records that reconstruction began in 1903 and was concluded in 1908. Today the church has a gable façade with a rose window and blind gallery, surmounted by three pinnacles.
In the lunette above the pillared doorway is a fresco of the Archangel Michael. The three chapels are dedicated to St Giovanni Bosco, to our Lady of Help and to San Pellegrino. The campanile, crowned by a tall spire, stands just near the church.