Chapel of the Blessed Virgin of Mount Carmel
The chapel of the Beata Vergine del Carmelo was built at the end of the 19th century at the wish of the inhabitants of the two hamlets of Casali and Ravine, and was opened for worship in 1895. It is dedicated to Our Lady of Mount Carmel, protector of children, on account of the similarity of Monte Osero nearby to the holy mountain.
It is an octagonal building in stone. Until the years following the Second World War it was a meeting place for local families and for the many emigrants from this area, especially in August. In particular, on the first Sunday in August there was a procession, this being the time of the joyous return home of the women from the ricefields and of the woodcutters.
Even today an open-air Mass is celebrated on 16 July and on the first Sunday in August. The Mass in August is followed by the procession along the streets of the little village.