Church of Santa Maria Assunta at Recesio
Parish church of Recesio
Although there are few historical references to the church, it is certainly old (it is mentioned in the 11th century as forming part of the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Piacenza, who received the tithes). The church was altered various times over the centuries and then completely rebuilt in 1642 by don Michele Cremaschi.
In the middle of the last century the church was extended and a new façade in Romanesque style built to a design by professor Giovanni Casali.
The church has a nave with side chapels. Luciano Ricchetti painted a fresco of the Assumption in 1954.
A massive new belltower stands in front of the church.