Chapel of the Madonna di Tutte le Grazie in Grazzano Visconti
A pretty little chapel designed by Count Giuseppe Visconti di Modrone. It was built at the beginning of 1930 and until 1970 was cared for by the Canossian Sisters who supervised the nursery school next door.
Elements of Romanesque and Gothic architecture are found in the single gable façade (its shape, the rose window, and sculptures on the doorway), united with neo-mediaeval elements that integrate the whole perfectly into the context.
The splendid wooden doorway, carved in the style typical of Grazzano, recognisable by the deep cutting, shows the Madonna enthroned with the Child Jesus between angels, and the Annunciation.
In the richly decorated interior, the presbytery is divided from the rest of the chapel by a wrought-iron screen created by the first smiths in the village. Behind the screen the altarpiece shows the Madonna with the Child Jesus between women in the typical costume of Grazzano, offering baskets of fruit.
A tall Gothic arch leads into the presbytery; on the left is painted a view of the Castle and on the right a view of the village of Grazzano Visconti.
Wooden panels hanging on the walls illustrate the Stations of the Cross.