Church of San Salvatore at Vigolo Val Nure
Parish church of Vigolo
There was a church at Vigolo Val Nure already before the year 1000.
At the end of the 16th century it depended on the pieve (district church) at Padri. The original building has been much altered in subsequent centuries, especially during the baroque period.
The interior is divided into a nave and two aisles and the walls are painted with fine frescoes from various periods. In the presbytery are the baroque frescoes of Andrea Galluzzi, while the Stations of the Cross date back to the last two decades of the 19th century, ten by Emilio Perinetti and the last four by Francesco Ghittoni. The same two artists also painted the saints of Piacenza.
Next to the church is the tall campanile, built in 1926 to replace an older tower.