Monument to the Fallen - Carpaneto Piacentino
20th-century commemorative monument
Planned and erected immediately after the end of the First World War to remember the Fallen of Carpaneto, it was then also dedicated to the men of Carpaneto who fell in 1935 in Abyssinia, to those killed in the Second World War and in the Resistance, and to the civilians killed during wartime.
The monument, inaugurated in 1921, was designed by the architect Ottorino Romagnosi and erected by the Appolloni company of Piacenza.
It stands 12 metres high, made of Vigoleno stone, with bronze cinerary urns, and phrases recording the beginning and end of the War.
Later on an Austrian and a British cannon were added at the sides of the monument.