Palazzo dell'Istituzione at Grazzano Visconti
The Palazzo dell'Istituzione was built to house the craft school where the Duke planned that the youngsters of the village and neighbourhood would be trained, providing a solid basis for the vitality and fortune of Grazzano.
Today it houses a shop selling furniture and wooden objects produced by local craftsmen.
The Palazzo, which was built in two phases between 1908 and 1930, includes a broad portico behind pointed arches, and has Ghibelline crenellation. It is seen from a distance, thanks to the clock tower, and the bells chime every quarter of an hour.
On the outer wall is a bas relief showing Gian Galeazzo Visconti and a marble plaque records the marriage of Donna Anna Visconti di Modrone to Adolfo Caracciolo di Castagneto.
Under the portici a large painting portrays Giuseppe Visconti di Modrone's whole family in mediaeval costume.