Borgallo near Vigolzone
In the village of Borgallo, near Vigolzone, there are some historic buildings, including Palazzo Guarnaschelli and the chapel of S. Antonio da Padova.
The palazzo of Borgallo was built on the ruins of an earlier fortress, called Cervolo, destroyed by King Enzo's troops in 1244.
The present buiding, with the entrance in the outer walls at the end of a long gravel driveway, is of two storeys. Recently restored service buildings are attached to the manor house. Some remains of the old castle have been brought to light, with arrow slits towards the garden.
The palazzo has few decorations, whether inside or out. The balcony on the first floor has elegant wrought iron railings.
The chapel of S. Antonio da Padova next to the palazzo is used by the villagers as their church. The chapel has a nave without aisles, and was opened in the late 18th century when the earlier 16th-century church, S. Maria del Cervolo, collapsed.
Next to the manor house is a park with an Italian garden planted in box and tall deciduous trees. The rest of the estate is farmed.