Today Carpaneto Town Hall
Palazzo Scotti is an imposing building that stands right in the centre of the town, next to the church of Santi Fermo e Rustico.
In olden times it was a massive castle, standing perhaps above an ancient Roman castrum.
In the first centuries after the year 1000 it was destroyed and rebuilt several times. In the 16th century it was the stronghold of Pier Maria Scotti, nicknamed the Buso and notorious for his raids and sackings all across the lands of Piacenza.
Later it became the quiet residence of the Scotti Douglas family up to the end of the 19th century, when it was bought by the municipality of Carpaneto to house the municipal offices.
Today the Palazzo is used by the municipality.