Villa Peyrano was built at the end of the 17th century by the Jesuits of the College of San Pietro in Piacenza.
With the suppression of the Society by Pope Clement XIV, the villa had to be sold at the end of the 18th century.
The Peyrano family from Genoa, with a long and ancient lineage, bought the villa in 1840. Today it is owned by Donna Barberina Oltrona Visconti, daughter of Maria Carlotta Peyrano, and she cares for the estate with Luigi Marzotto Caotorta.
A striking note is sounded by the scenographic central staircase in roccoco style, leading from the end of the avenue up to the terraced garden in front of the villa, enclosed by high walls.
The frescoes of the little chapel are interesting, where elegant vases of flowers flank the altar, painted according to the theatrical taste popularised by the Bibiena.
Since the recent restoration of the villa, the reception rooms, the broad galleries and the garden have become an ideal setting for events. Courses and conferences on agriculture and gardening are organised occasionally, as well as the classic event Cantine Aperte (Open Wineries) at the end of May, when there is also a Ferrari meeting.
A huge collection of old wine barrels is on display in the old cellar of the villa, some of them going back to the 19th century. The small cellar for aging Vin Santo is of historical interest: it contains oenological rarities from the 19th century and barriques where the great reserve wines are aged.