This place goes back to Roman times. The first documents date from the 9th century. It belonged to the bishop of Piacenza who, at the end of the 11th century, ceded it to the monastery of San Savino. Later came the feudal lordships of the Confalonieri, the Fulgosio, the Leccacorvi, the Nicelli .... In 1649 a countship of Torrano was erected for the Chiapponi family. It is worth visiting the church of San Martino, an ancient pieve, though much restored in the 19th century. The imposing mediaeval castle which dominates the village is interesting but cannot be visited. A tower of the 15th century stands in the area known as La Fratta.