Corpo Bandistico Pontolliese - Town Band of Ponte dell'Olio
Founded way back in 1752 and also known as the 'Banda delle Giubbe Rosse'
Founded as long ago as 1752 by a group of musicians known as the ‘Pifferai di Ponte-Albarola’ (Pipers of Ponte-Albarola), il Corpo Bandistico Pontolliese stands out thanks to its classical red uniform, which is why it is known throughout the province as the Banda delle Giubbe Rosse - the Band of the Red Jackets.
The Band is directed by Maestro Edoardo Mazzoni and includes a numerous group of majorettes who march in front of the musicians of the band. In 1995 the Corpo Bandistico Pontolliese took on the first musicians. Their number then grew and today there are about forty.
The Corpo Bandistico Pontolliese offers a vast repertoire of folk, classical and religious music as well as marches and patriotic pieces.
Under the leadership of Edoardo Mazzoni, the Corpo Bandistico Pontolliese has further increased its range to include the soundtracks of films and pieces arranged by the Maestro himself.
The Corpo Bandistico Pontolliese includes about twenty majorettes and minimajorettes who precede the musicians: flutes (7 players), trumpets (8 players), 6 clarinets, 2 trombones, 12 saxophones (subdivided between alto, tenor and baritone), horns (2) and saxhorns (5), bass instruments (4), and 8 percussionists divided between drums (4) and imperial drums (4).