Caminata di Bramaiano
An oral tradition affirms that the fortified structure goes right back to the 10th century. The first documents record the existence of a fortress in the 15th century, when it was an important element of the defensive system organised by the Nicelli, made up of numerous towers and strongholds.
Later alterations have changed the original structure, giving the castle a most unusual appearance.
On three sides the important building is protected by massive scarped walls, at the corners there are robust square guard towers, not much higher than the walls.
The square keep rises behind and next to it is the lord's house.
The elegant loggias and galleries were opened in the 16th century. Renaissance arcades on granite columns run above the south walls and the keep.
Inside, large halls still have their coffered ceilings.
The great hall has a fine fireplace with the Nicelli coat of arms and the date 1615.