The fortification at Olmeto near Badagnano
The date of foundation of the first defensive structure at Olmeto is unknown.
The first documents referring to the fortress date from 1216, when it was destroyed by soldiers from Cremona and Parma.
In 1314 the Bishop of Piacenza granted it to the canons of Santa Maria in Gariverto.
It then passed to the Visdomini and early in the 16th century was taken by Pier Maria Scotti, nicknamed il Buso.
In 1628 it formed part of the lands of the Marquess Visdomini, along with Montezago. By marriage it then passed to the Mandelli, then to the Zanardi Landi and finally to the Gandolfi.
Today the building preserves remains of the original structure: two circular towers that have been reduced in height and traces of the drawbridge.
In a niche on the façade of the old chapel is a statue of the Virgin, a rustic work of the 15th century restored in 1713, but sadly weathered. The local people believe it will protect them from hailstorms.