Castle of Castione
There are no known documents referring to the construction of the Castle of Castione. The fortress could go back to the 10th century, when it seems the Da Rizzolo were the feudal lords.
In 1647 the castle belonged to Count Roberto Benzoni. On his death the property passed to the Camera Ducale, and was then granted to the Salvatico family two years later, together with the fiefs of Cassano and Montesanto. They held it until 1866, when what remained of the castle was sold to the Silva family from Gropparello.
The imposing square keep still stands, though altered in the 17th century and again in the 19th.